Welcome to The Good Samaritan Hospital Foundation!
The Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Good Samaritan Hospital. We create awareness, build goodwill and inspire support to help bring advances in healthcare to our community. The charitable gifts given by donors like you support the hospital’s ongoing investments in healthcare – in building the healthiest community possible.
Equipment For Emergency and Trauma Services
Mother-Baby Renovations and Upgrades
Patient Care Services
- Equipment required by New York State to receive our designation as a Level III Trauma Center. ($320,000)
- New Surgical Services equipment and technology to support OR teams as they further advance the hospital’s surgical capabilities. (Nearly $750,000)
- Radiology Suite upgrades, including construction in areas that house the most advanced MRI and CT technology available and the installation of hardware and PACS (Picture Archiving Computer Software) for our Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology Program, to diagnose and, in some cases, treat patients. ($600,000)
- New technology for the Mother-Baby Unit and recliners for non-birthing parents to sleep pre- and post-partum. (Nearly $100,000)
- Patient transportation to medical appointments and — usually upon discharge from the ED — one-time prescription costs to promote compliance with provider instructions, lower repeat ED visits and reduce readmissions. ($6,000)
- Employee assistance — to support our own – for one-time emergency expenses, such as car repairs, temporary housing, utility bills and even funeral costs. Staff raise these funds; the Foundation stewards them. (Nearly $5,000)
Ways to Support Your Good Samaritan Hospital
There are many ways to support local healthcare — to help us further invest in clinical advancement, facilities, equipment and technology — through charitable gifts that are most meaningful to you:
Donations and Tributes (In Memory/In Honor)
Make a donation to show your support or pay tribute to someone important to you by making a gift to the hospital to celebrate milestones, or commemorate the passing of a loved one.
Ensure your legacy through a planned gift for the hospital that can also benefit your family through financial and tax planning.
Make regular donations to automatically donate a specified amount each month.
Grateful Patient and Family Gifts
When words are not enough to express gratitude for the care provided, grateful giving extends that appreciation.
Host a Fundraiser
Put the fun in Fundraiser and host an event — such as a themed party, walk-a-thon, raffle and more — with proceeds donated to your hospital to support the programs that matter to you.
Good Samaritan Hospital Girls’ Night Out
Thursday, October 26, 2023
Hilton Pearl River
Pearl River, NY
Stories of Gratitude
“Knowing that we have such quality care, literally around the corner from my home, is extremely reassuring. Local hospitals, like Good Samaritan, rely on community support, both financially and through the continued use of its practitioners. Over the last few years, my wife and I have switched to many Bon Secours Medical Group practices because it provides a single point of reference that makes our continuity and coordination of care very easy.” — Larry Palant
“I want to keep saying, ‘Thank you,‘ over and over again,” said Rabbi Robert Lam. “I am alive and healthy because I got the care I needed at the right time and the right place. Charitable gifts to the hospital benefit all of us. Good Samaritan goes beyond saving the life of the patient. When they save one person, they save a whole family and a community.” — Rabbi Robert Lam
First Vice Chair
Second Vice Chair
Frederick J. Rella, Jr.
Aurelius (Aury) Licata, AAI
Mark Acker • Joe Allen • Jose Caseres • Tara Cullen • Banks Dastine • Joseph DeCicco • Nicholas DeSantis • Phyllis Eig • Mill Etienne, MD, MPH, FAAN • Amra Sabic-El-Rayess, PhD • Doug Graubard • Sister Susan Evelyn • Gayle Hirsch, Esq • Gil Heim • Joseph Lagana • Mary Leahy, MD • Patricia Lefkowitz • Kathy Medici • Mona Montal • Mita Pandya • Shawn Reilly • Frank Stillo • Joyce Walgrove
Amanda Levin — Foundation Director
Amy Stern — Gift Officer
Jessica Mitchell — Development Officer, Grateful Giving
Stevie Milhaven — Development Officer, Special Events
Erica Amendola — Development Operations Manager
Learn More or Volunteer
Good Samaritan Hospital
255 Lafayette Avenue
Suffern, New York 10901
Tax ID: 13-3400353