Michelle Sidrane is grateful that when emergencies arise, she and her neighbors have a hospital like Margaretville. The Fleischmanns resident and owner of the Breezy Hill Inn said that healthcare professionals at the Margaretville Hospital have twice saved her life. The first time was when she suffered a bee sting and went into anaphylactic shock, and the second time was more recently when she suffered a pulmonary embolism.
“Margaretville Hospital is a very important institution to the community,’’ she said. “It’s really critical for us to continue to have that service.’’
Michelle said that she had passed out in the shower and the fall caused her to break several bones in her foot. A physician’s assistant was able to administer medication to slow Michelle’s heart rate, and she was transferred to Westchester Medical Center for further treatment.
Michelle, who lives part time in New York City, said not only was Westchester Medical Center convenient but the care she received was stellar.
“I chose to go down to Westchester Medical Center because it was close to my doctors in the city. I was very well taken care of in the ambulance going down. The physician’s assistant in the ER was fabulous. He reached out to my cardiologist and his diagnosis was spot on. I’ve never seen an ER like that. I couldn’t get over all the monitors and all the people.’’
More inspirational stories from Margaretville Hospital:
Jack’s Story: Margaretville Hospital Diagnosis and Transport to Trauma Center Saves Local Restaurateur
In an instant, unexpected health emergencies can happen and when they do, every minute counts….
Thomas Maulik, 79, is grateful for the high-quality, patient-centered care he received at Margaretville Hospital…
Ella’s Story: Brent Truitt and Ella, a Labrador/Shepherd, Visit Seniors at Mountainside For residents of…